Frequently Asked Questions
Things to know
- 1. Do you offer financing?
Yes. We have a variety of financing options that best suits your needs. We also take Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit card payments.
- 2. Do you work all year round?
Yes. We do all our services all year round.
- 3. What happens when I call for an estimate?
We gather your contact information (name, address, phone number and email) as well as the details of your home improvement project you are looking to get a quote on. We then schedule an appointment with one of our project specialists to visit your home and assess the projects size, condition and what solution would work best for your needs.
- 4. Are you insured?
Yes. we are fully insured and bonded.
- 5. Do you pull permits?
Yes. Every municipality is different. If your project requires a permit for work that we will be completing, we will pull the initial permit.
- 6. Do I need an inspection from the city?
If permit is pulled, it is your right to call for a final inspection. Although for most exterior projects, a final inspection isn’t a requirement, we would invite any homeowner to call their local municipality and ask for their final inspection.
- 7. Are you certified?
Yes. We have the following certifications:
- City of Milwaukee Home Improvement Contractor License
- Certifications for Lead Safe Renovator
- Dwelling Contractor Certification
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification
- Lead Safe Contractor.
- 8. What are your credentials?
BCI Exteriors participates in a number of contracting certification programs. Here are our current certifications:
- Platinum Preferred Contractor – Owens Corning
- Preferred Contractor – James Hardie
- Pro LP BuildSmart Preferred Contractor
- Shingle Master CertainTeed
- Mastic Elite Contractor
- DaVinci Preferred Masterpiece Contractor
- TAMKO Pro Certified Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather-stopper Contractor
- Beechworth Contractor Network Member
- 9. Are you members of any organizations?
We are members of NARI, MBA, and BBB.
- 10. Do I need a lien waiver?
If your contractor doesn’t provide you with a lien wavier, you will be liable for the remaining balance that your contractor didn’t pay to the building material provider. Having a lien waiver shows all parties that you paid your bill.
- 11. Is my project eligible for a tax credit?
Depending on what tax incentives are available at any given time will dictate if you will get a tax credit. For more information about available tax credits, inquire with your local tax professional.
- 1. What are the indications that I may need a new roof?
There are a lot of factors to consider when your home needs a new roof. Click here to learn more.
- 2. How do you protect my house and yard when working on my home?
We place tarps around the house to protect the yard and planting. We lean plywood against the house to protect the siding and lay plywood on decks, patios and stamped concrete to protect those areas as well. If your roof has a steep pitch, we will also temporarily install planks at the gutter line to slow the fall of roofing material to the ground, lessening impact in the yard.
BCI also has two Equipters for large scale projects. An Equipter is essentially a dumpster that features scissor-lift capabilities and is easily movable around job sites. This allows us to discard old roofing and siding materials efficiently and effectively without throwing them from great heights.
- 1. How do I know my home's insulation is working properly aka efficiently?
The only sure way to understand your home’s performance is to do a comprehensive energy audit that analyzes and identifies your home’s strengths and weaknesses.
For more information about Home Performance Assessments click here.